Monday, September 20, 2010

Good Bank Account

>A 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed each
>morning by eight o'clock, with his hair fashionably coifed and shaved
>perfectly, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.
>His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary. After
>many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, he smiled
>sweetly when told his room was ready.
>
>As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual
>description
>of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on his
>window.
>
>"I love it," he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just
>been presented with a new puppy.
>
>"Mr. Jones, you haven't seen the room; just wait."
>
>"That doesn't have anything to do with it," he replied.
>
>"Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room
>or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged ... it's how I
>arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. "It's a decision I make
>every
>morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed
>recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer
>work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.
>
>Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new day
>and all the happy memories I've stored away. Just for this time in my life.
>
>Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in.
>
>So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank
>account of memories! Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I
>am
>still depositing." Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
>
>1. Free your heart from hatred.
>2. Free your mind from worries.
>3 Live simply.
>4.. Give more.
>5. Expect less.
>
>Pass this message to 7 people except me.. You will receive a miracle
>tomorrow.
>
>Now, STOP! Did you hear what I just said. You WILL receive a miracle
>tomorrow. So send it right now.

Posted via email from andjoh's posterous