Sunday, May 2, 2010

[Fwd: FW: Meredith and Abbey] Dear God


Begin forwarded message:

Subject: FW: [Fwd: FW: Meredith and Abbey] Dear God



> ----- What a nice story!

> 


> 
> ----- What a nice story!
> 
> 
> 
> This is one of the kindest things you may ever see..
> 
> It is not known who replied, but there is a beautiful soul working in the
> dead letter office of the US postal service.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4
> year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed
> Abbey.. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got
> to heaven, God would recognize her.. I told her that I thought we could so
> she dictated these words:
> 
> Dear God,
> Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in
> heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog
> even though she got sick.
> I hope you will play with her. She likes to play with balls and to swim. I
> am sending a picture of her so when you see her You will know that she is my
> dog. I really miss her.
> Love, Meredith
> 
> We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and
> addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it. Then Meredith
> pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would
> take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon
> she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she
> asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.
> 
> Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch
> addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand. Meredith opened it. Inside
> was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies..' Taped to the inside
> front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On
> the opposite page was the picture of Abbey & Meredith and this note:
> 
> 
> Dear Meredith,
> Abbey arrived safely in heaven.
> Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.
> Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in
> your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in
> heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in, so I am sending it
> back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to
> remember Abbey by..
> Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you
> write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked
> her especially for you.
> I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.
> By the way, I'm easy to find, I am wherever there is love.
> 
> Love,
> God
> 
> 
> Forward to all your friends,including me.. 
> And don't tell me you're too busy for this. 
> Don't you know the phrase'stop and smell the flowers'? 
> 
> 
> Happiness keeps you Sweet,
> Trials keep you Strong,
> Sorrows keep you Human,
> Failures keep you Humble,
> Success keeps you Glowing ,
> But Only Friends Keep You Going! 
> 
> 


Posted via email from andjoh's posterous