Monday, April 26, 2010

Some Woody Allen Quotes

*I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying. 


*When we played softball, I'd steal second base, feel guilty and go back. 


*Inertia accounts for two-thirds of marriages. But love accounts for the other third. 


*I asked the girl if she could bring a sister for me. She did. Sister Maria Teresa. It was a very slow evening. We discussed the New Testament. We agreed that He was very well adjusted for an only child. 


*What if nothing exists and we're all in somebody's dream? Or what's worse, what if only that fat guy in the third row exists? 


*I took a test in Existentialism. I left all the answers blank and got 100. 


*I am an only child. I have one sister. 


*I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens. 


*I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam: I looked into the soul of another boy. (Clown Prince of American Humor, 1975) 


*When the Academy called, I panicked. I thought they might want their Oscars back and the pawn shop has been out of business for awhile. (at the 2002 Oscars) 


*In Beverly Hills...they don't throw their garbage away. They make it into television shows. 


*I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib. 


*If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future plans. 


*How can I believe in God when only last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter? 


*As the poet said, 'Only God can make a tree' -- probably because it's so hard to figure out how to get the bark on. 


*Eighty percent of success is showing up.

->☻<-
and
joh



Posted via email from andjoh's posterous